Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Power Of a Smile

Smiles have amazing power.

They can change your mood, outlook, and whole day.   It just has a way of lifting you up.
And not only can they give your mood a lift, they can give somebody else's mood a lift too.

So today, I'm going to practice smiling.
And a smile isn't only something plastered on your face.   A smile also shows as a twinkle in your eye, a smile in your voice, a smile in your gestures and the way you touch, talk, and move.  

You can smile with your face, eyes, voice, and whole body.   Every part of your body, heart, and mind can smile.    And even if you feel awful, sick, scared, or sad -- a smile, over time, can change the way you look at the world.  It can change your body chemistry and even help create new healthy cells in your body.

So today I will smile as often as I can, and in as many ways as I can.
And I will notice what happens as I do.

Smiles are free and they are magical.  

And, my guess, is they hold more power than almost anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment